Wednesday, October 14, 2009

God Works in Mysterious ways

The other day, to my suprise, my son didn't have school, it was Columbus day and becaue I was unaware Dominic was woken up bright and early to go to school, and by the time my friend (who I had called to see if she coudl take him to school) informed me that there was no school he was too awake to go back to sleep, so I had a full day of my little angel keeping me company. The twins showed up bright and early as usual, and because it was raining we had the 3 kids and 2 dogs stuck in the house unable to go outside and burn some of their endless energy.

One can imagine that naptime didn't come soon enough for me this particular day, and even when it came I had to struggle with a incooperative 4 yr old who was insisting he didn't need a nap and incidently keeping the twins from taking theirs--after finally threatening his life my son decided he didn't have to take a nap but he would be quiet so the twins could take there, but not before he knocked the abnormally large glass of water he brought me off the little play stage I had sat it on, and ofcourse all that water poured onto my laptop.

As i frantically tried to dry my laptop and ordered Dominic to dry the floor I wondered to myself why the schools had to be closed that particluar rainy day and why they couldn't wait for a beautiful sun shiney day to have a holiday. The twins have I have worked very hard to set up a certain schedule and having my 4 yr old home was really screwing things up. Anyhow, I don't knwo what I did or how it happened but as I sat and fumed about just how rotten my son was being suddenly my computer started playing music, and suddenly it begins telling me to "count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings...."

I couldn't help but smile, and suddenly all the rage seemed to melt away as I was reminded of all the teary nights when I begged and pleaded for "just one" and how truly blessed I was when, for the first time the test read "pregnant" after uncountable negatives, and how scared I was as the wheeled me to the operatign to room to remove my baby a month early only to wake up in the recovery room with my baby gone and nobody could tell me why. As one can tell, as a child gets older it is so easy to forget just what a blessing they are, specially when they are being little boogers. My son though is most definitely a blessings, the trails we went through to get him here and the trails he has been through since enterig this world, we know for a fact if it wasn't for the grace of God our little miracle wouldn't have made it, I just feel bad it took my computer "talking to me" to remind me just how truly special he is (and I mean that not in a special ed kind of way, I mean it in a he is our little miracle.

Can you think of a time when you were touched by the spirit in an unusual way? If so, please share it with us, if you don't mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Tyler, Texas, United States
We dated in High School off and on, and despite all the on again off agains of our relationship we "ran" to Vegas and were married May 10th, 2003 in a Vegas Wedding Chapel shortly after my niece Cathrine was baptized. We were later sealed Dec. 27, 2005 in the Salt Lake City Temple, that was our family Christmas present. We Had our loving son Dec. 15, 2004 (he came a month early but was pretty much perfectly fine). We moved from Salt Lake City, UT on 6/6/06 and arrived in Tyler, TX 3 long days later and have decided to stay put