Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Unanswered prayers....

In high school I had a boyfriend who just happened to be best friends with my husband, they aren't anymore.  This boyfriend, whom I was madly in love with, dumped me, and it devastated me.  I prayed night after night that he would come to his senses and return to me.  It actually turns out that it wasn't until I was about 3 months pregnant with my son that I realized after dreaming that he came to me and wanted me back that I realized I was over him and that I truly loved my husband.  A few months ago I came across a picture of him on facebook and suddenly the song by Garth Brooks sang through my head....'sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers'  because as much as I was in love with the guy he was in high school there is no way I would have been able to stay with the man he has become, not only does it seem that he has amounted to nothing, he is also bigger and balder and has facial hair--and did I mention, he loves to party?  Yes, definitely not my cup of tea--Thank you God, Thank you for giving him the sense to dump me and John the sense to save me from myself.

So next time you find yourself devastated cause life isn't going your way, remember that some times we don't always know what is best for us, but God does and if we can just follow his plan it will all work out in the end--I really wish I could post the pic of said ex-boyfriend but I am sure even if I could figure out how to do it if it was ever discovered there would definitely be legal issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Tyler, Texas, United States
We dated in High School off and on, and despite all the on again off agains of our relationship we "ran" to Vegas and were married May 10th, 2003 in a Vegas Wedding Chapel shortly after my niece Cathrine was baptized. We were later sealed Dec. 27, 2005 in the Salt Lake City Temple, that was our family Christmas present. We Had our loving son Dec. 15, 2004 (he came a month early but was pretty much perfectly fine). We moved from Salt Lake City, UT on 6/6/06 and arrived in Tyler, TX 3 long days later and have decided to stay put