Monday, July 27, 2009

Book of Mormon Monday, 3rd Ne chptr 28, verse 8&9

HA, I bet you thought I had abbandoned you all, but I haven't, I have just been so super busy getting stuff ready I have spent little time on the computer--on a better note, I have sent my laptop out to be fuxed and the Hard drive has been ordered and we shoudl have it back by the end of the month.

Now for Book of Mormon Monday, I have picked 3 Nephi Chapter 28 verse 9 through random selection, you can look it up at http://www.lds.org/ or follow this link http://scriptures.lds.org/en/3_ne/28/9a , or this link for all of chapter 28 http://scriptures.lds.org/en/3_ne/28 I think this is a good scripture for today be cause I myself have actually been in a lot of pain these last few days, the scripture starts out
"and again, Ye shall not have pain as you dwell in the flesh, neither sorrow
save it be for the sins of the world;"


Now I realize that my first impression of this scriture is not right to the truest but if you think about it, most our pain comes from either us not listening to someone or from someone else not listening to counsel--like my shoulder pain all started when I didn't listen to my coach on the proper way to throw the shot put, and all the broken bones I have had coudl have been avoided had I just listened to my mother--by ingnoring their council in a way I was sinning--but I know that not all pain and sorrow comes from sin--like cancer, you don't get cancer from sinning, well lung cancer maybe, but you know what I mean...granted there would be no one dying because of drunk drivers if everybody obeyed the don't drive while buzzed or drunk laws, well that is just one example of all the many things that people suffer at the hands of someone else sinning (i.e. sins of the world, I would guess) Either way, that is just my opinion, I am sure that is not what this scripture is about

the scripture goes on to talk about bringing the souls of men unto him and you guys can read that using the links I have provided, I though am going to skip up to verse 8 which reads

And Yeah shall never endure the pains of death; but when I shall come in my
glory ye shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye from mortality to
immortality; and then shall ye be blessed in the kingdom of my father

Now, I would say that this is a very extreme blessing, to never endure death, and for those of you who are not familiar with the book of mormon you might be turning this off and movin on at this point, but don't, because I you need to read the full chapter to understand just what this verse is about, I though am taking this out of context right now and fitting it to my own life, and to me this is very important, because, to me, this says that by living worthily and by doing the Lords work I will not live eternally on earth, but in heaven, that I will be blessed to join my heavenly father in heaven, and all the blessings that entails.

I know some realigions may teach that life ends at death and that there is nothing after that, but we are taught that our bodies are just vessels that contain our spirits and that when we die our spirits leave our bodies and return to heaven (yes I said return to heaven because we believe that there is life before birth--but that is a different subject for a different day) and I don't know if you have ever been in a room when somone or somethign has passed but I can tell you that when I was in the room as my dog passed years ago I could feel her spirit leave her and we all knew that she had gone even before the vet confirmed it--I think that was the most spiritual thing my mother and I have ever shared, and as my mom talked to me about it I knew that there was definately something bigger out there than what many people believed.

In short, I do believe this scripture was very good for me to read today because it reminded me that despite how much pain I might see, as long as I endure to the end, remember to keep the Lord in my thoughts and prayers, doing his work and preparing my son as well as others to come unto him, that one day I will endure life eternal, without pain, without suffering, without impairment, in the kindgom of heaven.

(as a side note the scriptures where of Jesus talking to his desciples--the chapter summerie reads

Nine of the twelve desire and are promised the inheritance in Christ's Kingdom
when they die--The Three Nephites desire and are given power over death so as to
remain on the earth until Jesus comes again--They are translated, and they are
now ministering among men"
(Kind of sounds like the making of a hollywood movie--3 men that have lived a very long time doing God's work--hmmmm, I wonder where Hollywood gets their ideas) I am now going to read all of chapter 28, check it out for yourself...http://scriptures.lds.org/en/3_ne/28 and after doin so please share your thoughts on the matter--remember we only want uplifting positive comments on this blog so no belittling or bible bashing, thankyou.

2 comments:

  1. completely off topic but you should really think about either changing your background or fixing your side bars. it is very hard to see what you have typed against the different colors on the side of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry, yeah, I am working on that, was trying to figure something out just been super busy with life--thanks for reminding me though, I will check out the website again and see if they have this background in a 3 colum format yet

    ReplyDelete

About Us

Tyler, Texas, United States
We dated in High School off and on, and despite all the on again off agains of our relationship we "ran" to Vegas and were married May 10th, 2003 in a Vegas Wedding Chapel shortly after my niece Cathrine was baptized. We were later sealed Dec. 27, 2005 in the Salt Lake City Temple, that was our family Christmas present. We Had our loving son Dec. 15, 2004 (he came a month early but was pretty much perfectly fine). We moved from Salt Lake City, UT on 6/6/06 and arrived in Tyler, TX 3 long days later and have decided to stay put