Thursday, May 21, 2009

Primary Scripture

OK, so I totally forgot about this until I read this blog http://mamaswithdrama.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-little-potty-mouthdoin-mama-proud.html so thanks for reminding me of my humilating moment, and that I am not the only mom it happens to.

Ok, so we aren't the best parents out there, I realize that and even though I admit it I do not feel I am yet on the path of recovery, this is just proof admitting you have a problem isn't always the first step to overcoming the problem.

(side note, for those of you who don't know, we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, also known as mormons, you can ask me questions if you don't understand my post or you can look it up at www.lds.org for more information about our church--since this post contains church details that not everybody may understand.)

So we plum forgot that Dominic was sharing the scripture in Primary, we forgot until after we got to church the sunday he was to share, so I rush to the library to get scriptures cause heaven knows we didn't bring any with us (see bad, bad, bad mommy). So I get to the library only to realize I can't remember what ward I am in, may I remind you all we have lived in this ward for 2 years and suddenly I can't remember which one I am in, and to top it all off my bishop's wife walks in while I am trying ot remember (outloud ofcourse), and she speaks up and reminds me just which ward I am in.

So we get through sacrement and it is time for him to go to primary. Now he was suppose to have spent all week trying ot memorize the scripture we forgot all about, so needless to say I decided I would have to slack my calling as the assistant librarain and help him in primary with his scripture.

Problem--I didn't know when he was to give the scripture, I asked his teacher and she didn't quite know either but thought it was right then so we waited till they came looking for him and then we both went up to sit infront of everybody. Dominic isn't actually acting so bad, so I relax a little, One kid says the prayer and the primary president (I think that is her calling) is sitting on the other side of Dominic as he looks to me and announces "I have to Pee" in a not very quiet voice, I wisper shhh, you can wait, but she (the primary president who is pregnant with her 7th child) chuckles just a little and asks if he needs to go, I assure her he can hold it and she goes to do the child highlight.

Honestly, did he have to announce it then? my only thought was that he didn't wait till we were at the microphone to make the announcement, but I was still rather worried as to what would happen when we got to the Mic.

It is our turn, we walk up to the mic, I knee down to wisper into his ear, the problem is though that as I wisper into his ear he wispers into the Mic which sounded super creapy and actually creeped out a few kids, after about 3 minutes of strugglin to get him to actually speak into the mic I decide I will just have to do it, but want him to think he did it so instead of wispering into his ear I speak rather loudly so the mic picks it up and sure enough Dominic says it clear as day as well so then we have an eco. Luckily we chose a short scripture.

Anyhow, when we were done rather than sit back down on the stand (as we were in the chapel) I rushed off the stand and had to remind Dominic he had to potty as he attempted to sit with his class, "Oh yeah" and so we went to the bathroom, and ofcourse on the way there he reminds me that he is a boy and has to go to the boys bathroom but that I am a girl and have to go to the girls bathroom, he repeats himself about 4 times before we finally make it to the bathroom, and he wasn't quiet about the information he was sharing with me (always humilating).

either way, Dominic ran into the men's room and yes, John walked into view, so I do what any humiliated mother should do--I passed him off to his father and ran to hide in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Tyler, Texas, United States
We dated in High School off and on, and despite all the on again off agains of our relationship we "ran" to Vegas and were married May 10th, 2003 in a Vegas Wedding Chapel shortly after my niece Cathrine was baptized. We were later sealed Dec. 27, 2005 in the Salt Lake City Temple, that was our family Christmas present. We Had our loving son Dec. 15, 2004 (he came a month early but was pretty much perfectly fine). We moved from Salt Lake City, UT on 6/6/06 and arrived in Tyler, TX 3 long days later and have decided to stay put