Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Katie and Alex, together forever May 16, 2009

OK, so I can't put it off a minute longer, So Katie, despite the pain and suffering I am going to write a little tid bit about you, so sit back and enjoy...

Katie and I haven't always seen eye-to-eye, I was everything she swore she would never be, and she was everything my mom wanted me to be--skinny, popular, and attractive. I think for the longest time I "hated" her simply because I wished I was her, but unfortunately didn't have the self control necessary (or the body build) to look like her. It is funny how 2 sisters from the same 2 parents could be oh so different--but where we really all that different?

John and I often laugh about the similarities--Katie always thought I was so stupid to get married so young--well Katie, you were only a month and a few days older than I was when you got married nine days after our 4th anniversary. I remember the laugh we got when you took your CNA class in high school and when you were a Social work major in college, and like I you decided social work wasn't really what you wanted to do, you just chose a separate major, when I decided that I didn't want to be a social worker right then, but would like to later.

Katie, I know you try to live your life to prove to others that we are nothing a like, and i want to tell take this time and tell everybody you are nothing like me.

for starters, you went red before you started dying your hair dark, I have always been blond, and have never dyed my hair, you love to go tanning, I have never been tanning. You may not have stuck with the Social Work program in High School, but you have stuck with College, I was all go in High school but burned out by the time I got to college. You are definitely wiser than me, you actually carried out my plans to marry a rich older man.

But there is one thing we share, and that is our love for the Lord and our desire to be married not just for time but for all eternity. Yes we both married outside the temple, but eventually we wised up and got our butts through to the temple. When John and I were sealed you were unable to attend and when you and Alex were sealed due to distance and finances John and I were unable to attend. But I don't think it matters who actually is in the sealing room when one is sealed, as long as you are sealed to the one you love.

I did e-mail mom to e-mail me some pics of us as kids, unfortunately she is behind in her e-mails so this post will be long forgotten before I ever get those pics, so sorry about that. I did though want to let you know I do love you despite how much you want to prove you are nothing like me, truth is I wish I was everything you are and even though you are my little sister just how much I look up to you and all you achieve (don't hold that against me because i will deny I ever said it)

I did think about you on your special day, and prayed for you and one day I will definitely make it a point to go through the temple and we can do a session together--miss you tons little sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Tyler, Texas, United States
We dated in High School off and on, and despite all the on again off agains of our relationship we "ran" to Vegas and were married May 10th, 2003 in a Vegas Wedding Chapel shortly after my niece Cathrine was baptized. We were later sealed Dec. 27, 2005 in the Salt Lake City Temple, that was our family Christmas present. We Had our loving son Dec. 15, 2004 (he came a month early but was pretty much perfectly fine). We moved from Salt Lake City, UT on 6/6/06 and arrived in Tyler, TX 3 long days later and have decided to stay put