Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I LOVE PARABLES!!!

Today I decided to listen to my New Testament on CD then to the usual music CD we listen to, and the CD I picked to listen to just happens to have parable after parable in it and I LOVE IT, I think i am listening to the beginning of LUKE, maybe a few verses from the previous book, but I have listened to the story about the Demons that where possessing a man and Jesus cast them out of him and they entered the swine and the swine ran and jumped off a cliff into the water and drowned--I like that because as I see it, even the swine (which represent the lowest of the low) knew that the demons needed to die and weren't willing to live as possessed beings (does that make sense, well it does to me, but putting it into words is hard)

I also heard th,e story about the Bread and the fish feeding the multitudes and in the end they had the same amount as when they started, yet what they started with shouldn't have been able to feed everybody--I love that story because I have a strong testimony that the Lord will bless those who believe, granted I have wondered about this testimony lately because with the economy as it is I am afraid that the church won't be able to support all that need help which has encouraged me even more to be self sufficient, the only problem is that we are running out of food storage and I just don't want to be a burden on the church when they are helping so many and have helped us so much, but that scripture story reminded me that the Lord will bless his followers so that they will not want.

I also know that the Lord blesses those who help themselves, so I also know that if I am living carelessly wasting my money on useless things taking for granted the churches generosity that when I go to get help the help won't be enough, I know if I fall Jesus will catch me and protect me, I might get hurt, but it will be a hurt that Jesus knows will help me grow and learn and make me stronger, but if I run and Jump I must face the consequences of my actions and not blame it on the Lord when I get hurt, because that just isn't how it works.

Nobody lights a light and sticks it under a bushell.....the hole body will be full of light.....Maybe it is the way light is used to reference spirituality and to represent righteousness that has been the reason for my intense fear of darkness, but then again, that is another post for another day

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Tyler, Texas, United States
We dated in High School off and on, and despite all the on again off agains of our relationship we "ran" to Vegas and were married May 10th, 2003 in a Vegas Wedding Chapel shortly after my niece Cathrine was baptized. We were later sealed Dec. 27, 2005 in the Salt Lake City Temple, that was our family Christmas present. We Had our loving son Dec. 15, 2004 (he came a month early but was pretty much perfectly fine). We moved from Salt Lake City, UT on 6/6/06 and arrived in Tyler, TX 3 long days later and have decided to stay put